Why tie up your money in stocks when you can get equally good returns with Options trading? This is the prevalent thinking today and this course gets you ready to do just that! Learn the ins-and-outs of Option trading and test your trading skills in our AI-driven virtual trading platform.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
In this options trading course, students will begin by learning about what options are, the difference between put and call options and how to trade options. By the end of he course, you will be able to fully understand and execute an options trade.
Fundamentals of Options:
- What are options? How do Options work?
- "Call" and "Put" Options
- Roles and responsibilities of Option Holder and Option Writer
Options Pricing and Evaluating:
The next part of this course will explore the profitability of options, teaching students how profit works with both call and put options.
- Different types of Options: American vs European
- Long vs Short Options Trades
- Advantages and disadvantages of Options Trading
- Option pricing including premiums, expiry and supply and demand
- Value of Options: Intrinsic vs Extrinsic( being in-the-money, at-the-money and out-of-the-money)
Option Greeks & Risk Analysis:
Following our conversations related to the basics of options pricing, this chapter then continues with an examination of what are called options greeks - risk factors (which determine an option’s price) that are each identified by a letter in the greek alphabet.
Finally, this chapter will conclude by wrapping options trading up and providing students with a window into a popular options pricing model called the Black Scholes model - which will help learners to collate all the previous options pricing information learned in this course into a succinct and easily digestible practical application.
PREREQUISITE(S): Introduction to Derivatives (ENCM06)